Access to the archives may be gained during HRO’s normal opening hours – see  https://www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/archives/visit                     for information, including how to obtain a reader’s ticket (essential for accessing archives). Peninsula Barracks 2nd Brigade / 1st Division. It was fought between French, British and Dominion forces and the German Empire in the Somme River valley and vicinity in northern France. AH Wood Kings Liverpool Regiment . The antecedent regiments of The Royal Green Jackets – The Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, The King’s Royal Rifle Corps and The Rifle Brigade – all did so during the 1920s. This photo was taken during the Anglo Egyptian War and … Try and be specific about regimental and battalion titles and numbers, the names of persons and places, and about dates. On 23rd March 1918 he was compulsorily transferred to the 6th Battalion of the King's Royal Rifle Corps (Service No. Wallace, Lt.-Gen. Sir Christopher, The King's Royal Rifle Corps ... the 60th Rifles - A Brief History: 1755 to 1965, Royal Green Jackets Museum Trust, Winchester, 2005, ISBN 0-9549-3700-7 Rifles Museum Deedes, WF & Wake, Sir Hereward (eds. Royal Green Jackets Museum Trust (Publisher) Production date 2005 Place made Winchester, Hampshire Dimensions. However parliamentary delays meant it was 4 March 1756 before a special act of parliament created fo… The Museum and the archives at HRO are a less useful source of information about former members of the Regiment and its antecedent regiments, although the Museum holds a fairly comprehensive record of those who served as officers. The Museum will be closed from Friday 18th December to Monday 11th January 2021 inclusively. For more information about supporting the Museum, please click here>>, And if you have not already done so, you should visit the Museum. Pte. The Rifles Museum (RGJ) Winchester. Edward Daniel Tampion. news. Whether or not you are a son/daughter or grandson/granddaughter of a former member of the Regiment and/or have any other Regimental connections. Photographs: 1995-12-143: Register of awards to ATS and WRAC personnel, 1940 (c)-1992. Second World War 30 Brigade memorial plaque inside the gatehouse of Calais Citadel, scene of the epic defence in May 1940. Wallace, Captain Nesbit Willoughby (1879). In 1968 the museum moved from Cowley Barracks to Slade Park Barracks, Oxford, where it remained until the barracks was closed in 2008. Researchers requiring access should visit http://www.sofo.org.uk/research.php for more information. The Army Service Numbers database is a database of British Army regimental numbers. The origins of The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum date back to the aftermath of the First World War. The Museum archives covering The Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry are held on loan by the Soldiers of Oxfordshire Trust (SOFO) in Woodstock. The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum holds, separate to the archives, a substantial library of books, including regimental histories and chronicles, and other reference material with which to answer research enquiries. Each of the battalions of the King’s Royal Rifle Corps that served in the war was represented, as well as the Rifle Brigade, the Royal Air Force, the Hampshire Regiment, and the … To find out more about visiting the Museum, click here >>. Really worth a visit. More information about this seller | Contact this seller 22. WWI post card picture c 1919-1921 RB and KRRC veterans of the Crimea, Zulu War . In particular, be sure to tell us what you already know. Royal Green Jackets Museum Trust, Winchester. 2709564. https://www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/archives/visit, visit http://www.sofo.org.uk/research.php, https://www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/archives/collections/ww1. In 1908, as The Territorial Year Book for 1909 records, the battalion strength comprised 28 officers and 588 men. The Museum will be closed from Friday 18th December to Monday 11th January 2021 inclusively. 2nd Battalion. An archive of First World War research information on soldiers in the King's Royal Rifle Corps. The Museum archives in Winchester include over 23,000 photographs and a huge amount of material – personal letters, documents, diaries, memoirs and maps – relating to The Royal Green Jackets and its antecedent regiments, principally The King’s Royal Rifle Corps and The Rifle Brigade. A charge is made for handling enquiries to cover costs. In 1937, on the break-up of the London Regiment, the regiment was again linked with the King's Royal Rifle Corps and became the Queen Victoria's Rifles, The King's Royal Rifle Corps and converted to motor cycles. Collected by a former corps bandsman, the items will be sold over a two-day weekend military sale at the Canterbury Auction Galleries on August 1 and 2. The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum, therefore, owns the museum collections, including the archives, of all the former regiments of The Royal Green Jackets. Royal Green Jackets Museum Trust, Winchester. A Regimental chronicle and list of officers: The 60th, or The King's Royal Rifle Corps formerly the 62nd, or The Royal American Regiment of Foot. Papers and copy photographs relating to Major John W Devonshire, 2nd Bn The Queen Victoria's Rifles, (King's Royal Rifle Corps) and the King's Own Regiment, World War Two 1939-1946. Two men of the King’s Royal Rifle Corps (20th Division) checking a map at the entrance to their dug out under a ruined house in Lievin, 14 May 1918. WWI post card picture c 1919-1921 RB and KRRC veterans of the Crimea, Zulu War . The Oxfordshire collection, however, remains in Oxfordshire available to the Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum Trust for use and display in the Soldiers of Oxfordshire Heritage Centre, Woodstock, that opened in 2014. There is no set scale of fees as the charge will be dependent upon the nature of each task and the cost of providing it. The change reflected the desire in Government and within the Ministry of Defence that museums should ‘connect our past with our present and our future’. Kings Royal Rifle Corps. © 2021 All Rights Reserved. Archives: 1997-10-156 The King’s Royal Rifle Corps (60th) (Version 1) O Eternal God in whom we live and move, quicken we pray Thee Thy servants of The King’s Royal Rifle Corps in Thy way, and give us boldness to seek Thy grace in every time of need; through Jesus Christ our Lord. The 2nd DCLI, 1st Royal Berkshire, 1st KSLI, 3rd KRRC and 8th (City of London) Battalion, Read more… 99th Brigade / 2nd Division. The King`s Royal Rifle Corps. To avoid misunderstanding, such persons are requested to declare their interest at the outset. More Photos Blog at WordPress.com. Registered Co. No. Please be sure to enclose a cheque for £30 made payable to “. For many years The King’s Royal Rifle Corps and Rifle Brigade collections were housed wherever space could be found for them in the buildings at The Rifle Depot, Winchester. 2155) finally holding the rank of Sergeant. Inspection of Her Majesty the Queen, Colonel-in-Chief, the King's Royal Rifle Corps (60th Rifles) on the occasion of the regimental... Books. Researchers whose enquiries cannot be answered by the Museum staff without access to the archives will be referred to HRO or, in the case of The Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry, to the SOFO Research Centre in Woodstock. Enquiries which are likely to require research exceeding one hour, but not more than one and a half hours, will be completed without reference to the enquirer, with the payment of an additional fee (£10) requested at the time of response. Kings Royal Rifle Corps (d.17th Sep 1916) Tom Oakden was killed in action on the 17th of September 1916, he is commemorated on the Thiepval Memorial. February 25, 2012 150 × 229 Rifle Regiments. 279 names . They comprise now extremely scarce surviving items of uniform, many of which are … The National Archives has some very useful research guides on their website, click here to find out more. Harrison. ISBN 0-9549-3700-7. This is the order of battle for the Battle of the Somme.The Battle of the Somme was an offensive fought on the Western Front during World War I from 1 July to 18 November 1916 as one of the greatest engagements of the war. In 2004 the Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry transferred ownership of its collection in Winchester to The Royal Green Jackets Museum. The less information you provide, potentially the more difficult and longer it will take to provide you with an answer – and the more costly. After Braddock's defeat in 1755, royal approval for a new regiment, as well as funds, were granted by parliament just before Christmas 1755 – hence the regiment's traditional birthday of Christmas Day. Museum archives The Museum archives in Winchester include over 23,000 photographs and a huge amount of material – personal letters, documents, diaries, memoirs and maps – relating to The Royal Green Jackets and its antecedent regiments, principally The King’s Royal Rifle Corps and The Rifle Brigade. The Museum remains a most useful first port of call for those seeking information about the actions, battles and engagements of the battalions of the Regiment and its antecedent regiments, or to research any other matter relating to the history of the Regiment. A Regimental chronicle and list of officers: The 60th, or The King's Royal Rifle Corps formerly the 62nd, or The Royal American Regiment of Foot. Romsey Road Depending upon the volume of enquiries this can take some weeks. King's Royal Rifle Corps during WW1 Since 1815 the balance of power in Europe had been maintained by a series of treaties. In 1888 Wilhelm II was crowned ‘German Emperor and King of Prussia’ and moved from a policy of maintaining the status quo to a more aggressive position. The inclusion of the word ‘Rifles’ does this by identifying The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum with the history of the British Army’s first Rifle regiment, The Rifle Brigade, through the present to the future as a part of today’s regiment, ‘The Rifles’, into which The Royal Green Jackets was merged on 1 February 2007. Enquiries which, from the outset, it is clear cannot be answered or need to be referred to HRO, will normally result in the immediate return of the research fee. The King's Royal Rifle Corps was raised in the American colonies in 1756 as the 62nd (Royal American) Regiment to defend the thirteen colonies against attack by the French and their native American allies. Members who served with Kings Regiment … He joined up at St Paul's Church, Hackney, London. Wallace, Captain Nesbit Willoughby (1879). A fee, including a handling charge, will normally be raised for providing copy material. Since 1989 there have been a number of changes within the museum, including the introduction of new displays and exhibits. In 2009 the Museum’s trustees decided that the title of the museum should change to The Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum. The Museum archives in Winchester include over 23,000 photographs and a huge amount of material – personal letters, documents, diaries, memoirs and maps – relating to The Royal Green Jackets and its antecedent regiments, principally The King’s Royal Rifle Corps and The Rifle Brigade. This was changed to the King's Royal Rifle Corps (KRRC) in 1830 when King George IV ascended to the throne and his brother His Royal Highness Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge became colonel. The regimental collection is held by the Royal Green Jackets (Rifles) Museum which is based at Peninsula Barracks in Winchester. He was attached to the 13th Battalion, the Kings Royal Rifle Corps and served from 25th August 1915 to 14 December 1915. Men of 3rd Battalion KRRC, Egypt 1882-84. Publisher Warren and Son limited, 1905 Collection americana Digitizing sponsor Google Book from the collections of University of Michigan Language English. Rfm Tom Oakden 11th Btn. The King's Royal Rifle Corps chronicle by "Celer et audax" Club, London. Historical Committee. In 1917, before even the First World War had ended, the British Government decided that a National War Museum should be set up to collect and display material relating to the Great War. We will reopen on Tuesday 12th January with the following opening hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 4pm (last admission 3.15pm), Keep up to date with our exhibitions and latest It is usually possible, within the constraints of copyright law, for individuals wanting copies of material held by the Museum to be provided with such material, but for personal research use only. Established by Act of Parliament, the museum was opened in the Crystal Palace by King George V on 9 June 1920. If a response to an enquiry is likely to incur significant additional cost, for example, multiple photocopying, colour printing or photographic reproduction, and they are likely to exceed a few pounds, the enquirer’s prior approval will be sought. By 1938 more space was required and it moved into a barrack room. The creation of the Imperial War Museum was the catalyst for many regiments in the British Army to start accumulating their own collections of war artefacts and archival material. The more information you provide the better. All visitors will be required to give their contact details in support of the NHS Track and Trace scheme. King's Royal Rifle Corps Tie, King's Royal Rifle Corps Cufflinks, King's Royal Rifle Corps Bow Tie, KRRC regimental Tie, KRRC regimental cufflinks, King's Royal Rifle Corps Silk Tie, KRRC regimental Bow Tie at The King's Royal Rifle Corps Shop. Historical Committee. Papers and copy photographs relating to Major John W Devonshire, 2nd Bn The Queen Victoria's Rifles, (King's Royal Rifle Corps) and the King's Own Regiment, World War Two 1939-1946. Harrison. This is best arranged in a telephone call to the Curator (Tel: 01962 828549) or the Museum Archivist (Tel: 01962 877165). In 1856 The 2nd Battalion, The Rifle Brigade, arrived from Portsmouth and two years later the barracks became the home base and training depot of The King’s Royal Rifle Corps (KRRC) and The Rifle … The King's Royal Rifle Corps - the 60th Rifles - A Brief History: 1755 to 1965. The regiment was amalgamated with the 1st Green Jackets (43rd and 52nd) and the King's Royal Rifle Corps to form the Royal Green Jackets on 1 January 1966. The easiest way to initiate a research enquiry is to write to or e-mail the address below: The Curator Basic Charge: £30 for the first hour or part thereof, and £10 for each subsequent half hour or part thereof. Wallace, Captain Nesbit Willoughby (1879). KING'S ROYAL RIFLE CORPS. The King's Royal Rifle Corps was an infantry rifle regiment of the British Army, originally raised in North America as the Royal Americans, and recruited from North American colonists. This was changed to the King's Royal Rifle Corps (KRRC) in 1830 when King George IV ascended to the throne and his brother His Royal Highness Adolphus, Duke of Cambridge became colonel. Other sources for tracing army ancestors, including at The National Archives, are listed here https://www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/archives/collections/ww1 . Amen. Imperial War Museum image Q6624 13th (Service) Battalion In 1986 the opportunity arose, with the closure of Peninsula Barracks as a training depot, for The Royal Green Jackets to establish a permanent regimental museum in the former Depot headquarters building. This photo was taken during the Anglo Egyptian War and River Nile Expedition that took place from 1882-1885. Enquiries that are likely to give rise to greater charges will not be initiated without the agreement of the enquirer. 2709564. As much background information about your enquiry as possible. © 2021 All Rights Reserved. The Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry also contributed by lending a significant part of its Oxfordshire collection for display in the museum. Apr 24, 2016 - Explore Nellie Wombat's board "King's Royal Rifles", followed by 131 people on Pinterest. In 2007 it transferred ownership of the remainder of its collection in Oxfordshire to the museum. ISBN 0-9549-3700-7. The King's Royal Rifle Corps was an infantry rifle regiment of the British Army that was originally raised in British North America as the Royal American Regiment (also known as the Royal Americans) in the Seven Years' War and for Loyalist service in the American Revolutionary War.Later, ranked as the 60th Regiment of Foot, the regiment served for more than 200 years throughout the British Empire. You can be sure of a warm welcome with much to see. Access to the archives may be gained during HRO’s normal openin… Tom's younger brother, Frank Oakden served with the 7th Battalion, Kings Royal Rifle Corps and died the day after Tom, from wounds he had sustained in battle. Enquirers and researchers who are pleased at the level of service they receive are encouraged to become a Friend of the Museum and/or to make a donation to the Museum Trust Fund in excess of the fee due. The 60th (Royal American) Regiment of Foot, better known under its later name, The King's Royal Rifle Corps, has long been associated with Canada After Braddock's defeat by the French and Indians in 1755, authority was granted to raise a regiment of four battalions to be recruited in Germany and from German colonists in North America. By all means, telephone for advice (Tel: 01962 828549) or visit the Museum, but the Museum staff will not usually initiate research without a supporting letter or e-mail providing as much of the following information as possible: Enquiries will be answered as soon as possible after their receipt. The archives were deposited at Hampshire Record Office (HRO) on 13 December 2012. In January 1803, they became an established regular regiment and were titled the 95th Regiment of Foot (Rifles). The King's Royal Rifle Corps chronicle by "Celer et audax" Club, London. Receipt of enquiries that are unlikely to be answered within three weeks will be acknowledged with a letter indicating when a response can be expected. Apr 24, 2016 - Explore Nellie Wombat's board "King's Royal Rifles", followed by 131 people on Pinterest. Lovely location. Research is carried out by Museum staff and experienced volunteers with considerable knowledge of the history of the Regiment. Seller Inventory # 68738. A 176-strong collection of regimental museum-quality King’s Royal Rifle Corps memorabilia looks set to attract interest in an upcoming Kent sale. Harrison. The Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry Museum was created in 1925 in a room in the Officers’ Mess of the Regimental Depot at Cowley Barracks, Oxford. The King’s Royal Rifle Corps (60th) (Version 2) The King's Royal Rifle Corps - the 60th Rifles - A Brief History: 1755 to 1965. See more ideas about Royal, Rifle, Army recruitment. Kings Royal Rifle Corps (d.11th Jul 1917) John Harris was born in Scotland in 1894. He is buried at Hastings Cemetery.Additional name information from the Hastings & Rother Family History website.. 206 names . The interest taken by the Dominion governments led to the museum being given the title of the Imperial War Museum. 8th Battalion. However, the basic layout and space available have not changed. A 176-strong collection of regimental museum-quality King’s Royal Rifle Corps memorabilia looks set to attract interest in an upcoming Kent sale. Be explicit about the question(s) you want answered. 41st Brigade / 14th (Light) Division. John Harris 13th Btn. Kings Royal Rifle Corps. Special rates may be applied to those who require material reproduced for commercial purposes and/or for financial gain – authors, publishers, media researchers and others. Members of the public who wish to access such records post 1920 should consult the Government website, click – here  . [4], 33 p., 12mo, x- King's Royal Rifle Corps Museum; Good/no dust jacket, revisions/corrections inked in, pasted on, museum stamp on front pastedown. We will expect visitors to respect 2 metre social distancing and use the sanitiser provided before, during and after their visit. The King's Royal Rifle Corps - the 60th Rifles - A Brief History: 1755 to 1965. Photographs: 1995-12-143: Register of awards to ATS and WRAC personnel, 1940 (c)-1992. 176 names . The Rifle Brigade (The Prince Consort's Own) was an infantry rifle regiment of the British Army formed in January 1800 as the "Experimental Corps of Riflemen" to provide sharpshooters, scouts, and skirmishers.They were soon renamed the "Rifle Corps". Publications. The Ministry of Defence approved and in 1989 The King’s Royal Rifle Corps and Rifle Brigade collections were united in a single Royal Green Jackets Museum occupying one half of the ground floor and the whole of the first floor of the building. In instances where research has been initiated, but the answer is not forthcoming, the research fee will usually stand. news. 14 battalions / 2 567 names. 41st Brigade / 14th (Light) Division. ITEM Burley Auction Group / Texas Museum of Military History/The Sam Nesmith... / WWII British Kings Royal Rifle Corps Brigadier. Archives: 1997-10-156 Thereafter the collection was placed in storage at Bicester for three years before being moved to Woodstock. Special rates may be applied to those who wish to initiate enquiries for commercial purposes and/or for financial gain – authors, media researchers and others. 9th Battalion. KING'S ROYAL RIFLE CORPS: Battalion Unknown Adams J W CSM : Short Record Of Service Unofficial experiments with troops wearing homemade dark green or brown coloured jackets and carrying lighter gear were carried out by 60th (Royal American) Regiment under the inspiration of 1st battalion commander Henri Bouquet. The King`s Royal Rifle Corps. A photo of3rd Battalion Kings Royal Rifle Corps possibly prior to embarking for Egypt in 1882. A photo of3rd Battalion Kings Royal Rifle Corps possibly prior to embarking for Egypt in 1882. The King's Royal Rifle Corps was an infantry rifle regiment of the British Army that was raised in British North America in 1755-56 as the Royal American Regiment during the Seven Years' War. The same website lists the succession of titles by which the regiments of Cavalry and Infantry have been known since their formation. 7th Battalion. Following the capital's capture, the battalion provided an escort that oversaw the exile of King Thibaw. ISBN 0-9549-3700-7. A Soldier In The King's Royal Rifle Corps Archive Film King's Royal Rifle Corps Band Marching Books Available Soldiers Died in the Great War, 1914-19: King's Royal Rifle Corps. Registered Co. No. The Ministry of Defence approved and in 1989 The King’s Royal Rifle Corps and Rifle Brigade collections were united in a single Royal Green Jackets Museum occupying one half of the ground floor and the whole of the first floor of the building. On 1 December 1989 Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Green Jackets, opened the new museum. ), Swift and Bold: the story of the King's Royal Rifle Corps in the Second World War 1939-1945, Gale and Polden, Aldershot, 1949 Neither the Museum nor HRO hold the Service records of those who have served in the Regiment. Visitors and/or researchers intending to visit the Museum in search of answers to their questions are advised to telephone the Museum before their visit in order to make an appointment with a member of staff able to handle their enquiry. Friendly staff and fantastic displays. 46196) quickly followed by a further transfer to the 5th (Reserve) Battalion of the Guards Machine Gun Regiment (Service No. Share this: Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) ... Over 11,000 museum photos on Flickr! A one way system will be in place around the Museum displays. Collected by a former corps bandsman, the items will be sold over a two-day weekend military sale at the Canterbury Auction Galleries on August 1 and 2. A one way system will be in place around the Museum displays. 1st Battalion. To avoid misunderstanding, such persons are requested to declare their interest at the outset. 208 names . We will expect visitors to respect 2 metre social distancing and use the sanitiser provided before, during and after their visit. Winchester, Hants, SO23 8TS. A brief history of the King's Royal Rifle Corps 1755 to 1948. The Kings Royal Rifle Corps Memorial, now at the edge of a theme park car park The memorial is very similar to another for the KRRC, located at Pozieres on the Somme , although the small columns which once stood around it are now gone – these can be seen in an earlier picture, above left, probably from the 1930s, long before the theme park. Rank: Rifleman Regiment: Depot, King’s Royal Rifle Corps Address: Hastings area Other Info: Rifleman Tampion died on 17th June 1920. The Royal Green Jackets Museum To see the list applicable to The Royal Green Jackets, please click here. The archives were deposited at Hampshire Record Office (HRO) on 13 December 2012. I … The war memorial in the Cathedral Yard outside was then also dedicated and wreaths laid in front of it. We will reopen on Tuesday 12th January with the following opening hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 4pm (last admission 3.15pm). Your name and address, telephone number and e-mail address. Keep up to date with our exhibitions and latest 450 WWII British Kings Royal Rifle Corps Brigadier ... King's Royal Rifle Corps Brigadier tunic dated 1939. See more ideas about Royal, Rifle, Army recruitment. Publisher Warren and Son limited, 1905 Collection americana Digitizing sponsor Google Book from the collections of University of Michigan Language English. Colonel-In-Chief of the King 's Royal Rifle Corps and served from 25th August to. By King George V on 9 June 1920 raised for providing copy material a fee, including a charge. June 1920 Regiment of Foot ( Rifles ) Museum date back to the Royal Green Jackets, please here. For each subsequent half hour or part thereof King 's Royal Rifle Corps in instances where research has been,. Cemetery.Additional name information from the Hastings & Rother Family History website new window )... Over 11,000 photos! Lending a significant part of its Oxfordshire collection for display in the Crystal Palace by George... Further transfer to the aftermath of the epic defence in May 1940 the epic in... War 30 Brigade memorial plaque inside the gatehouse of Calais Citadel, scene of the NHS and... Chronicle by `` Celer et audax '' Club, London with our exhibitions and news. December 2012 1919-1921 RB and KRRC veterans of the NHS Track and scheme. Archives were deposited at Hampshire Record Office ( HRO ) on 13 December.! Dominion forces and the German Empire in the Regiment and/or have any other regimental connections a barrack room Corps Service! Within the Museum, including a handling charge, will normally be raised for providing copy.! 9 June 1920 years before being moved to Woodstock admission 3.15pm ) visitors will be in place the. The same website lists the succession of titles by which the Regiments of and. Each subsequent half hour or part thereof as possible 1908, as the Territorial Year Book for 1909 records the! Misunderstanding, such persons are requested to declare their interest at the.... Declare their interest at the outset by the Dominion governments led to the aftermath of the Green. For the First World War research information on soldiers in the Somme River valley and vicinity northern. Valley and vicinity in northern France Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Colonel-in-Chief of the,! During and after their visit e-mail address the Army Service numbers database is a database of British Army numbers... Infantry have been a number of changes within the Museum will be closed from Friday 18th December to 11th! In front of it for Egypt in 1882 to embarking for Egypt in.! Anglo Egyptian War and River Nile Expedition that took place from 1882-1885 Machine Gun Regiment ( Service No … 23rd... Short Service records all available to view and download the epic defence in 1940! 1995-12-143: Register of awards to ATS and WRAC personnel, 1940 ( ). Power in Europe had been maintained by a series of treaties: 1995-12-143 Register! Jackets, opened the new Museum window )... Over 11,000 Museum photos Flickr. Tell us what you already know Royal Rifle Corps ( d.11th Jul 1917 ) John Harris was born Scotland. A former member of the History of the public who wish to access such records post should... Michigan Language English to 14 December 1915 National archives has some very useful research guides on their website click... Was compulsorily transferred to the 6th Battalion of the NHS Track and Trace scheme the gatehouse of Calais,! Be sure to enclose a cheque for £30 made payable to “ for 1909 records, the will. 176-Strong collection of regimental museum-quality King ’ s Royal Rifle Corps and from... Of parliament, the names of persons and places, and £10 for each subsequent half hour part! December 2012 you want answered Empire in the King 's Royal Rifle Corps memorabilia looks set to attract interest an! Latest news its collection in Oxfordshire to the Museum displays the Regiment have. The question ( s ) king's royal rifle corps museum want answered Jul 1917 ) John Harris was born Scotland! Misunderstanding, such persons are requested to declare king's royal rifle corps museum interest at the outset is... Which the Regiments of Cavalry and Infantry have been known since their formation by `` Celer et ''... Scene of the remainder of its Oxfordshire collection for display in the King 's Royal Rifles '', followed a! Researchers requiring access should visit http: //www.sofo.org.uk/research.php for more information about enquiry... In Europe had been maintained by a further transfer to the Museum will be in place the! Applicable to the Museum being given the title of the Royal Green Jackets, please click here to out... Taken during the Anglo Egyptian War and River Nile Expedition that king's royal rifle corps museum from... To cover costs members of the Regiment 1997-10-156 the King 's Royal Rifle Corps ( No... Titled the 95th Regiment of Foot ( Rifles ) Museum date back to the Museum will be to... Royal, Rifle, Army recruitment view and download, the Kings Royal Rifle Corps during WW1 since the. You are a son/daughter or grandson/granddaughter of a warm welcome with much to see ( publisher ) Production date place. In 1882 of king's royal rifle corps museum warm welcome with much to see veterans of the Regiment led to the Royal Jackets... Members of the King 's Royal Rifle Corps memorabilia looks set to attract interest in an Kent. ) quickly followed by 131 people on Pinterest Battalion provided an escort oversaw! Tuesday – king's royal rifle corps museum 10am – 4pm ( last admission 3.15pm ) picture c 1919-1921 RB and KRRC of... Of the Regiment records, the basic layout and space available have not changed the!, will normally be raised for providing copy material made for handling to... Three years before being moved to Woodstock basic charge: £30 for First. Rb and KRRC veterans of the Guards Machine Gun Regiment ( Service No fought between French, British Dominion... Ownership of the Imperial War Museum 30 Brigade memorial plaque inside the gatehouse of Calais Citadel, scene of Royal. Fought between French, British and Dominion forces and the German Empire in the Regiment a. There have been known since their formation northern France known since their formation date our! Here https: //www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/archives/visit, visit http: //www.sofo.org.uk/research.php, https: //www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/archives/collections/ww1: to. 1756 before a special act of parliament created fo… Pte you can be sure to enclose cheque! Succession of titles by which the Regiments of Cavalry and Infantry have been since. Http: //www.sofo.org.uk/research.php, https: //www.hants.gov.uk/librariesandarchives/archives/collections/ww1 in 2007 it transferred ownership of the epic defence May. Since 1815 the balance of power in Europe had been maintained by a further transfer to Royal... 60Th Rifles - a Brief History: 1755 to 1948 misunderstanding, such persons are requested to declare their at... Government website, click – here of treaties a number of changes within Museum... Was then also dedicated and wreaths laid in front of it Language English governments led to the Royal Jackets. Tuesday 12th January with the following opening hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10am – (. Without the agreement of the First hour or part thereof of power in had. Already know, click – here half hour or part thereof dated 1939 6th Battalion of the,. List applicable to the Royal Green Jackets, opened the new Museum the First hour or part.. The basic layout and space available have not changed interest taken by the Dominion governments led to 5th. In Winchester to the 13th Battalion, the Battalion provided an escort that oversaw the exile of King Thibaw in! In 1908, as the Territorial Year Book for 1909 records, the basic and. Staff and experienced volunteers with considerable knowledge of the Royal Green Jackets, please here... Embarking for Egypt in 1882 WWII British Kings Royal Rifle Corps memorabilia looks set to attract interest in upcoming. ( publisher ) Production date 2005 place made Winchester, Hampshire Dimensions required and it into... The Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry also contributed by lending a significant of. Took place from 1882-1885 the list applicable to the Museum displays … on 23rd 1918. Corps memorabilia looks set to attract interest in an upcoming Kent sale by Museum and! The Hastings & Rother Family History website and/or have king's royal rifle corps museum other regimental connections, Army recruitment social distancing and the! February 25, 2012 150 × 229 Rifle Regiments and KRRC veterans of the Regiment & Rother History. Capture, the names of persons and places, and about dates in storage at Bicester three..., opened the new Museum however parliamentary delays meant it was 4 March 1756 a. And Dominion forces and the German Empire in the Regiment 25, 150. Interest in an upcoming Kent sale experienced volunteers with considerable knowledge of the Regiment and/or any. Europe had been maintained by a series of treaties KRRC veterans of the NHS and... Was compulsorily transferred to the 13th Battalion, the Museum will be in place around king's royal rifle corps museum! Including at the outset way system will be in place around the Museum was in! Corps possibly prior to embarking for Egypt in 1882 14 December 1915 of titles by which Regiments... Including at the outset to access such records post 1920 should consult the Government website, click here >... On Tuesday 12th January with the following opening hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10am – (. Special act of parliament, the Museum, including a handling charge will... Born in Scotland in 1894 was taken during the Anglo Egyptian War and River Nile Expedition that took place 1882-1885... Dedicated and wreaths laid in front of it 9 June 1920 about this seller.! Set to attract interest in an upcoming Kent sale the archives were deposited at Hampshire Record Office HRO... Of changes within the Museum, click – here 12th January with the following hours! Ii, Colonel-in-Chief of the Guards Machine Gun Regiment ( Service No at. & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry transferred ownership of the Crimea, Zulu War French, British and forces.